SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Spend Christmas with Johnny and Grissom!


Believe it or not, Johnny and Grissom are back! I've had a number of people ask me to bring back these two hotties from A Change of Tune.

In Winning In a Landslide, Johnny Rayne and Sheriff Virgil Grissom return in a story where Johnny seems to have gotten everything he wanted. When he decided to walk away from his rock band at the top of the heap, when he decided to leave Los Angeles, when he decided he wanted to be a dad... did he really know what he was getting into?

Sheriff Grissom has just won re-election, and the campaign got nasty. Johnny is now realizing just what their relationship could cost his lover. They've established a good life together, and they now have a family. Plus, they're breaking in a new housekeeper. What's she going to think about working for two daddies?

I had a lot of fun visiting with these two guys, and with the friends they've made in West Virginia. They live in such a gorgeous part of the country, and the calendar's coming up on Christmas. Are they going to figure out what's important in time to celebrate the holiday?

I like to write stories that make people laugh, and maybe bring a tear or two -- mostly laugh, though. Life is funny, and poignant, and exhilarating and frustrating. I try to bring all of those factors into play in my books. Our time is too short not to enjoy what we read. I hope you find my books enjoyable, and that you'll re-read them for years to come. That defines my success as a writer. 

Visit me at http://www.jmcartwright.com/ to see what other mischief I've gotten into. You can also find me at my Goodreads blog, where lots of fun stuff happens every week.

Join me - and find yourself smiling for no reason.

 
Winning In A Landslide available now at Torquere Press
 
Sheriff Grissom has just won re-election, but the campaign got nasty. Johnny and Grissom are at odds with each other, the reality of their world sinking in for both men. Johnny's frustrated and Grissom's patience is stretched to the limit.

Johnny's come to understand exactly what their relationship could cost Grissom, and he's having second thoughts. But the two men have established a family, and a life together - a good life, despite their differences. Plus, it's almost Christmas - and they're breaking in a new housekeeper. How will she like working for two daddies?

Can they really make it work in small-town West Virginia? Join the boys from A Change of Tune and find out.

EXCERPT:

"I take it you've had one of those days?"
Johnny's famous throaty voice wrapped around him, and he was almost too tired to feel
the thrill that went down his spine. The former singer stood in the kitchen doorway,
leaning on the jamb. Wavy blond hair was shoved behind the ears that stuck out just a
little, and the lean body was clad in boot-cut Wranglers and a black cashmere turtleneck.
LA rocker meets country gentleman.
Grissom finished half the glass before he set it down. Rubbing his eyes, he groaned softly.
"My eyes are so dry." He flopped down on the banquette seat in the corner, jerking when
Johnny's big dog Gershwin stuck an inquisitive nose into his ribs. Frowning, he looked
down at the shaggy black head. "What's up with you? Why are you being nice?"
Snorting a laugh, Johnny slid a knee onto the bench. "Slide over a bit." Digging his hands
into Grissom's shoulders, he began massaging some of the tension away. "Maybe he's
starting to like you. Or maybe he can tell you've had a crappy day. Although I don't know
why, since you just won the day before yesterday."
"Gawd, that feels good." He exaggerated his West Virginia drawl. "You do have magic
fingers, Johnny Rayne. Playing that piano surely does pay off, don't it?"
"Hah. I know when you start that shit-kicker stuff that you're going to try to play me."
Johnny's tone was knowing.
"What do you mean?" Grissom kept his eyes closed. He hated it when Johnny called him
on stuff. "Where are the kids?"
With one last firm dig of his fingers, Johnny moved around the table, dropping onto the
opposite bench. "I left them upstairs with Mary. Ashlynn had a little temperature, so she's
in bed already, and Henry's getting his bath. What's happening, Virgil? I thought the
pressure would be off now that the votes have all been counted. It is official, isn't it?"
When Grissom looked at him but didn't answer, Johnny edged forward on his seat. The
blond curls shifted on his brow as he tilted his head. "What's going on?"
The concern in Johnny's expression was tinged with impatience. Grissom shook his head
slightly, amused despite the gravity of the situation. So like his volatile lover. "Boden
filed suit today."

 Visit me at http://www.jmcartwright.com/ to see what other mischief I've gotten into. You can also find me at my Goodreads blog, where lots of fun stuff happens every week.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, saw this blog listed on Facebook on your page, and had to come see it. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kayelle - glad you're here. Yes, this is a great place - and a great group.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JM, this book sounds great! I love a story that can make me laugh and cry. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete