SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Goddess Fish book Tour with Lori Toland!

Hi everyone, Carson here,
Today we are hosting a stop on the Goddess Fish book tour. Our visitor, Lori Toland, has written a M/M romance called The Long Con. Although this month is dedicated to paranormal romance, Guys Like Romance, Too! makes exceptions for Goddess Fish. :) We asked Lori a question pertinent to our site. So without further delay here is her answer.After her blog our first review will be posted as well. Enjoy!

~*~
How did I work the romance into The Long Con? You know, I wish I could say I had something to do with the characters falling in love. I didn’t! Their eyes met across the room at the gala event and Bradley was lost in Tony’s bright blue eyes. 

In fact, Bradley had a love interest other than Tony when I first started writing this book. This guy, who was one of the con artists, ended up on the cutting room floor. Tony and Bradley lit up my computer screen with the hot, passionate sex they were having. Then Bradley jerked away when he realized he was falling in love with Tony.
Bradley is really scared of falling in love and losing Tony, especially knowing who Tony is, which the son of a well-known Mafia boss. Bradley doesn’t believe in the old adage “it’s better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all.” He has walled himself off for his whole life, never getting close to anyone he could fall for.

This time he has no choice. Bradley’s become a pawn in a game much bigger than himself but when duty calls, his heart may be the sacrifice he has to make.

Thank you, Carson, for having me! I hope you all enjoy The Long Con.

Blurb:
British Agent Nathaniel Bradley is tasked with bringing home a stolen heirloom. After tracking the Faberge egg all the way to a group of criminals in New York, Bradley infiltrates a ring of con artists and gets sucked into the role of a high priced prostitute.

While hoping for a chance to take back what is rightfully his, Bradley’s sole mission becomes to seduce Tony Terranova, Jr, the heir to a notorious mafia dynasty. Though Tony is strikingly handsome, the usually dominant Bradley is hesitant to submit to the sexual whims of a dangerous Mafioso.

What Bradley doesn't expect is for Tony to fall to his knees so eagerly for him, leaving him blindsided by how intensely their dark tastes complement each other. Now Bradley is caught up in a deadly game of lies and desire, where what he truly wants may not be what duty requires.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt:
 
I walked through the crowd and traded my glass of champagne just as I saw my target. He knew how to dress to stand out, and it wasn’t just the color of his jacket. His thick build was obvious and accentuated by the cut of his jacket. His muscles rippled beneath the expensive material as he lifted a glass of champagne to his mouth. I swallowed my sigh.

He glanced my way, and I froze. Amanda had described him and shown me a few grainy reconnaissance photos, but nothing prepared me for facing him head-on. His dark hair and tanned skin contrasted with his pale blue eyes, and I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.

I held his gaze for a minute and then turned away, but his curious expression made my heart pound. I walked toward another display near the one he stood by, a portrait by a famous Russian artist. Terranova noticed me, but he wasn’t being obvious with his interest.

It was this perfect moment where everything seemed to be falling into place, and for one second I worried this was a setup. Always being on my guard kept me alive, especially during drug busts and dangerous missions. I brushed aside the fears and pushed on.

I looked over at him and shot him an enigmatic smile, one that begged him to come and find out what I was thinking. When I saw him walking in my direction, I mentally patted myself on the back and sipped my champagne as he got closer to me. His gaze never left mine.

I could see why this man intimidated people. His eye contact alone would make almost anyone nervous, but not me. He had an aura about him, as if he were a caged animal kept hungry and was just waiting to pounce. Confidence poured from every ounce of his being. I didn’t look away as he came up to me. I couldn’t; he had seduced me.
 
CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland lives in Orlando where the summers are hot but the romance between her characters is even hotter. Writing since the tender age of 13, Lori somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her beloved cats and a husband who will forever be her hero.

Lori’s Website: Twitter:@ loritoland  Facebook:   Buy The Long Con at Loose ID  Other buy links will appear on her blog as available:


SLAVE’s review

Without giving too much detail or plot away The Long Con was detailed oriented and very easy to follow. I got to know the main character Nathaniel Bradley very well. His relationship with Tony was hot! There was an instant spark like they belonged together.

All in all, it’s a good read. I enjoyed it. Character info: great. Plot: great. Flow: nicely done.
If you have the time to spend on reading a full length novel, The Long Con is for you. I look forward to seeing this character and the writer grow.

3 of 5 pens

25 comments:

  1. I love that your characters just take on a life of their own.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marybelle! :)

      Yes, they have a mind of their own!

      Delete
  2. this sounds amazing! Going on my TBR list. :)

    Jase
    vslavetopassionv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jase! :)

      Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  3. While you book falls in a genre I don't usually read, it sounds like a story I would enjoy. It's on my books-to-buy list as we speak!

    kareninnc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen :)

      Thanks! :) I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I have really enjoyed following this tour! Love the plot and characters!
    OceanAkers(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana!:)

      You can also come to website and read the longer excerpt direct from Loose Id.

      Delete
  5. Boy, does this book sound like one to just dive right into, so great. It is going on my TBR list. Please enter me into the contest. I must have!!!

    melaniem54(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :)

      Thank you for your lovely comments! :) I hope you enjoy it and good luck! :)

      Delete
  6. You had me with the Fabergé egg on the cover! Please enter me in for the draw!

    qbeeqt[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maya!

      I take it you enjoy Faberge eggs? :) I have a friend who loves the Romanov era and I talked at length with her about where to research the eggs. It was a lot of fun! :)

      Follow my tour around and I'll be talking more about the research I did surrounding the book. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. I think you have done a great deal to show that love is love, and shouldn't be classified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MomJane :) your words mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  8. Karen H...I'm like you. Being relatively new to romance and erotica, I haven't worked up to M/M yet. That said, I like Lori's writing. I really liked Soul Seduction and I like the blurb for The Long Con.
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine :) thank you for your lovely comments! I'm smiling... like LOTS!

      I'm itching to give you and Karen H a short story of mine that's m/m, just to break you guys in!

      I must recommend Mary Calmes and Amy Lane as well. Those two ladies are top notch writers IMHO. (screw it, I'm not humble. My opinion means a lot)

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed the post!
    This is a book I really need to get soon. I love it when characters come to life on their own beyond what the author originally had planned for them. I feel it makes them more... real. LOL...

    Thanks for being here Lori!

    Judi
    arella3173_loveless(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi! :)

      They really did just spring to life. I really enjoyed them. :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the post. This book sounds amazing. Can't wait to read it. Put it at the top of my wishlist. Thanks for the blog tour.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne!

      Thanks for your kind comments! I hope you enjoy.

      Delete
  11. This one is on my TBR list and I would second Lori's recs for m/m authors to try out!

    lyra.lucky7(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyra!

      I love both those authors like whoa! And I hope you enjoy The Long Con.

      Delete
  12. Well I would recommend Megan Derr as well, it might be better for a first time m/m reader.

    Long Con was a great read, Tony and Bradley are very captivating characters, might we look forward to a sequel?

    Jibriel.O (at) web (dot) de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jibriel!

    Thanks for reading the book :)

    Yes, I'm working on a sequel. I've got the go-ahead from my editor :) It will have Tony and Bradley in it but as secondary characters. :)

    ReplyDelete