SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Girl on Girl started it all!

When I started fiction writing years I paced myself into the romance genre. My first published work was a sweeter than sweet Harlequin-esque M/F romance- not one kissing scene until the very end for the HEA.
                                
Since then I have broadened my writing style and challenged myself. While sitting one morning listening to a local rock station (they have morning drive-time segments- one is called Girl On Girl), I thought, why not? What have I got to lose? Writing a F/F novel couldn't be that hard, could it?

I sat down, cleared my mind and let my fingers take me. Two days later I had a 7k novel, Rachel's Desire. 

It was easy, considering I had never participated in the actual sexual activity personally, a very easy writing experience. I had found a momentary niche in the contemporary erotic romance genre. 



I continued with a second novel, Callie's Way: The Voluptuous Women's Club. I was loving the sub-genre but started to realize that women (F/F) were left in the dust of sales of the most popular erotic sub-genre of M/M. Why is that?

After some research and chatting with reviewers, authors and readers/fans, I discovered that M/M always have a HEA and these people I consulted with claimed F/F was more or less pure sex just for the sake of sex. Really? So the investigation continued and went deeper.. and true enough. Most F/F novels didn't have that special connection between the characters and it seemed as though the ladies were having one-night stands, sex for the pure gratification of sex, etc.

With the exception of a few authors, most of the stories were just... S-E-X. *sigh* I thought it was time the ladies got their due. I started a review site exclusively for F/F and female dominated menage- All-Girls Only Reviews- many authors applauded me and I have dozens of books to review. I also continued on my way with The V.W. Club series- it's all about the ladies for me.

I am bound and determined to change the stereotype that F/F is not about connection and only about the act of sex. Women have feelings, can make a connection and can end HEA, so why not show the publishing world how it's done.    

Dawne

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawne :)
    I'm so glad you posted, because I have been wanting to find some more f/f review sites and find some more books to read. (I write f/f too, and it seems to be a very small niche!)
    Alyssa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to send over any ARCs for review Alyssa- dawne dot prochilo @ yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. TY for having me as a guest today Carson- look forward to working with you again

    Dawne

    ReplyDelete