SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The heart of the warrior

Severin and Arion are two vampires who have deep secrets, and both fear the reaction they would get if those secrets got out. Trouble is, Sev and Ari are falling in love. And not just in love, but mating each other. And when a male vampire takes a mate, put away the breakables and get out of the way, because the shit's about to get seismic on the emotion meter. It's bad enough when one male vampire mates. When two mate each other, especially these two, all bets are off.

Heart of the Warrior is the story about how Severin and Arion struggle with their pasts to find their futures. These are tragic characters who tug at your heart strings and who can't seem to get out of their own way long enough to see the good thing right in front of them. And if they don't get with it, they could lose it all, because an assassin has marked Sev for blood vengeance.

But it's not just their pasts and an assassin Sev and Ari have to overcome, but the prejudices and scheming of those around them. Ari's best friend, Io, is a card-carrying homophobe, and Ari's parents don't even know he's gay and want their son to take a wife and bear heirs for the family fortune. Meanwhile, the rest of their team at All the King's Men (AKM) remain oblivious. All except for Micah, who always seems to know all, and who will play a pivotal role in making them see what they have with each other…if he can do it before it's too late.

Heart of the Warrior is book two in the All the King's Men series. I didn't just write it to fill a slot in the series, and some people may wonder why I chose to write a M/M installment in a series that started out as M/F with Rise of the Fallen (book one). My answer is that it wasn't my decision. This was where the characters took me. Sev and Ari wanted each other and that's how the story came together in my mind. I was just the vessel that told their story. Additionally, it looks like one other book in this series will turn out M/M.

I enjoy writing M/M romance. I like controversial subjects. It's sad that homosexuality is a controversial subject in the first place, and maybe part of why I enjoy writing M/M romance so much is because it sheds light on the fact that a man can love a man and it's still a beautiful thing.

Heart of the Warrior has been my personal favorite of all the work I've written to date. These characters made me cry, they made me laugh. I simply fell in love with them. I hope you enjoy them and their story as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment