SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Christmas Carol from Dickens and Woods!

Hello!

Em Woods here...I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays so far. I know here with my crew it's a hectic, hectic time. Parties, dinners, school, work, etc. Add in shopping with the crazies (I think I might go online this year? Hmm...) and you've got a recipe for disaster. LOL

So, rambling aside, I've been invited here to chat up my newest release - A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and myself. Yep, he's billed on the cover as well. This is for Total E Bound's Clandestine Classics line where the original text is left alone (it is hard to improve on a great story) and I work my magic to create the romantic erotic story line.

I think it bears repeating - over and over - that A Christmas Carol is a truly inspiring story. I try to read it every year and I have to confess that my bookshelf pride and joy is a 1908 copy I stumbled onto at a garage sale a few years ago. However, each time I join Dickens on his journey, I wondered at the reasons behind Scrooge's behavior.

What would drive someone who obviously had family to act so awful as to drive everyone away, and keep them away? To me, those reasons could be just as fascinating as the delightful story Mr. Dickens told. Before I wrote a word of the additional storyline, I fiddled around with those reasons. Was it Marley? Was it the fiancé? Should the story be about the loss of a woman? A man? A family? Or were there deeper social and personal issues to Scrooge's behavior? Maybe it was Marley...or maybe Marley was a contributor. I love the way A Christmas Carol turned out, with Marley and Scrooge and a new character, Alex, who I think you will love as well.


Love at first sight is a beautiful thing, but sometimes, true love waits a lifetime to shine...and then needs a little help from the Three Ghosts of Christmas.
As a young man, Ebenezer Scrooge felt the sharp pain of loss and resolved to protect his heart from all others, taking solace in his gold and silver. Years of discarding his own emotions, and those of anyone around him, has turned Scrooge cold.

When deceased lover and partner Jacob Marley pays miserly Scrooge a late night visit, pride and disbelief buoy Scrooge's courage. As the fabled Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet-to-Come arrive to show Scrooge the error of his ways, they also give him brief glimpses of a love so strong it has stood the test of time.
In an inspiring tale of change, a deep-seated need flares to life, leaving Scrooge without a doubt that love and family are what really matter at Christmas.

Wanna take a peek at A Christmas Carol?
Here's an excerpt just for you...  

“Settle, boy. This is not to show who is in control. This is to show how we should have been. What my dreams held. What our life together should have held.”

He was unsure of what that meant, and that did not sit well at all with Scrooge. Soft caresses were well and good, but a hard fucking had better follow quickly. Marley chuckled behind him. A sharp sting of a slap lit Scrooge’s hip with fire.

“I can hear your thoughts so clearly, like my own, Eb. You’ll not be left wanting. Not this time.”

Another slap to Ebenezer’s thigh narrowed his attention to his lover, a long-dormant need flaring to life with each blow to his skin, with each whispered vow of love eternal, with each promise of care.

“Your arse always presented well, Eb. Blushing and hot, needy.”

Scrooge clenched his fists in the linens, holding back the moan crawling up his throat. Silence was the rule. Servants, even the best of the lot, could not be trusted with the secrets of the bedchamber. Not that Scrooge employed any other than one cook and one maid, neither of whom would be working that day.

“Oil?”

“In the drawer.” Scrooge’s voice was not his own, surely. He had never heard it sound so hoarse.

The scrape of wood was harsh to Scrooge’s ears, then cold oil slid down the crack of his arse, followed by impatient fingers working around, in, around, until Ebenezer’s hole eased for the touch. “Are you ready, Eb?”

Another turn of events, this question, but Marley had promised care, and care he was giving, driving Scrooge out of his mind with the impossibility of it. Fingers disappeared, replaced promptly with the spongy tip of Marley’s cock, pushing slowly into Scrooge’s arse. So full, near bursting with the fullness of it, Scrooge moaned and sank back on his haunches, lodging the thick erection deeper inside him. His skin burned where Marley’s fingers dug into his hips, holding him steady as he began to thrust, sweat rapidly slicking his body.

The slap of Marley’s thighs against Scrooge’s arse rang loud through the bedchamber, their labored breathing combining to create a harmony that fuelled Scrooge’s lust. He struggled under Marley’s hold, reveling in the tightening of his grip, the feel of bruises rising.

Marley’s hips snapped faster, pummeling Scrooge with fierce thrusts, then, as Scrooge cried out with his release, fearless of who might hear, Marley pulled him roughly onto his cock, pulses of seed filling Scrooge’s passage. Marley collapsed atop Scrooge, then eased from inside before rolling to lay on the mattress beside him.

Scrooge remained with his hands clenched in the bed sheets, drawing deep breath after deep breath, trying to regain his composure as his body floated on soft wings back to reality. “Do we have the night?”

“Only a few moments more.” Marley braced one hand under his head, looking at Scrooge. “I loved you, Eb.”


This book is available now at Total E Bound 

You can visit Em Woods at the following links:
Good ReadswebsiteFacebook


Giveaway Terms:

If you would like the chance to win a copy of A Christmas Carol By: Em Woods please leave a comment expressing your thoughts about this new romantic classic, and what you love most about this season. Be sure to include your contact information as well. A winner will be chosen at random and contacted within 24 hours after the giveaway has ended.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the giveaway!! I'm a sucker for Christmas stories be it classical, children's or m/m romance.
    Christmas is my favorite holiday. I get to visit family I normally wouldn't see and just spend time with family, be it eating dinner or looking at Christmas lights.
    peanutty222@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful twist on a classic!!!
    My favourite part of the holidays...so many, but I lvoe the lights. As a kid, my parents would drive us around whatever town we were living in to see all the houses lit up. I love the tradition so much, that we still do it each year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the shmaltzy Christmas movies - and books!
    I think these alternate views on the classics are a great idea
    My son is Mr Christmas in our house and has put all the outside lights up - he's 12!

    Suze
    Littlesuze at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for having me over today! I really appreciate the chance to meet everyone here.

    (Suze - my two boys insisted on decorating my tree this year...needless to say, most of the ornaments were on the lower 2/3 of the tree. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by this twist on the Christmas Carol. It was a book that I never thought that could be, but it makes sense now.
    I really love the festive atmosphere of the season with the lights, food, family etc.

    strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the classic Christmas stories--redemption and ghostly reformers! Love Christmas stories.
    brendurbanist at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this book/story because of what it signifies. That second chances can happen. To think about certain reasons and actions of a person. Like..a person may truly have a reason or a history if they're bitter and surly. Like say an old neighbor you dislike because he always tells you to shut up if you have parties or music too loud... maybe he has heartbreak and can do nothing more than take it out on the world that brought him nothing but missed chances and misery...
    I love this story because it truly is a miracle during the holidays. haha... I simply can't wait to see your take on it Em! I'm so excited!!

    Judi
    arella3173_loveless@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great book. Please count me in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete