SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Haunting of Timber Manor


Hey guys who like romance too! 
I got a great book for ya.  I wrote the Haunting of Timber Manor because a) I like spooky stories and ghosts and things that go bump in the night and b) I like gay romance.  Since April is paranormal month here at GLRT, my book is a perfect fit.  And according to the ratings on Goodreads, it holds a solid four star rating. ( I dunno how much stock you put into that but I am shamelessly doing self-promotion, so forgive me.)  

I’ve always been a bit of a writer since as far back as I can remember and have been an avid reader of paranormal/horror novels since I was a kid.  So, as an adult, since writing is a reflection of a person, I wanted to write a book that had an open and honest conversation about two things.  First, the power of love in gay relationships being seen as equal to their heterosexual counterparts, and about a subject that has mystified human beings since the dawn of time, that subject being life after death and the possibility of spirits and ghosts etc.   Essentially the book is about a young man, who after tragedy, turns to an estranged aunt who lives in an old Victorian home in the Northwest.  Once there, Daniel must unravel his family’s dark secret not only to save his life but he must save his family’s souls who have been cursed.     

Along the way, Daniel meets Hale, the small town Sheriff of Emerson and they immediately connect in ways Daniel never knew possible.  Together, they stand firm against the spirit that stalks the hall hell bent on Daniel’s destruction.  In an effort to tweak the mythos behind hauntings, and I don’t know if a lot of people picked up on this or not, was to base the story off of memory and how, even after so many years, the painful memories of the past can still ‘haunt’ us.  

While taking on these subjects, I didn’t want to write something too ‘deep’ that the fun of a simple ghost story would get lost nor did I want the powers of ‘evil’ so to speak to be so overwhelmingly bad as they can be in Hollywood films, that good old fashioned love couldn’t break through and change circumstances.  This is my first book, and I plan on writing a great deal more and am currently in the process of writing another one concerning another haunting and another set of circumstances, but Timber was such a great book to write and for me, a way to testify to the fact that love is boundless and can reach beyond the tethers of life.  With a little bit of humor, a little bit of love, romance, some herbology, some spirituality, a good deal of spookiness, ghosts, and phantoms, The Haunting of Timber Manor, I hope for you the reader, will deliver to you the pleasure that I had the fortune of experiencing while writing it.  




Blurb:
(I hate that word, it sounds like something an infant does after being bottle fed. “MOM! The baby blurbed again and its all over the place!” I hate the word moist too, but for different reasons…BAH! ~shiver~) alas here we go:



While recovering from the recent loss of his parents, Daniel Donnelly receives a phone call from his estranged aunt, who turns over control of the family fortune and estate, Timber Manor. Though his father seemed guarded about the past, Daniel’s need for family and curiosity compel him to visit.



Located in a secluded area of the Northwest, Timber Manor has grown silent over the years. Her halls sit empty and a thin layer of dust adorns the sheet-covered furniture. When Daniel arrives to begin repairs, strange things happen. Nightmares haunt his dreams. Memories not his own disturb his waking hours. Alive with the tragedies of the past, Timber Manor threatens to tear Daniel apart.



Sheriff Hale Davis grew up working on the manor grounds. Seeing Daniel struggle, he vows protect the young man who captured his heart, and help him solve the mystery behind the haunting and confront the past—not only to save Daniel’s life, but to save his family, whose very souls hang in the balance.






Link to The Haunting of Timber Manor’s Facebook Page:



And finally a link to my personal Blog and email address and Good Reads review site (for those who put weight in these things before making a purchase):


1 comment: