SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Bring on our first Vampire Prince


First I’d like to say a big thank you to Carson for having me back again to introduce my new book. Hunter Clan 2 ~ Riley’s Vampire Prince is the sequel to The Kayan’s Mage. I know, I know, you’re all thinking, um Jess, they would be shifters and shifters are next month! While at heart this is a shifter series, book 2 focuses on Riley who is a kick butt Mage, and his mate Caleb, who is one sexy as hell Vampire Prince. As the little brother to the Rege (King) Caleb has his own issues to match that of his mate Riley, but essentially he is a happy, understanding person.

There is also a lot more Jonas (Vampire Rege) in this book. So we get a closer look at who this Vampire is, what makes him tick, and I really like the scenes I did between the brothers. Like all brothers, Caleb and Jonas have the usual issues (Jonas always treats Caleb like he is still a kid, and Caleb resents that). But at the heart of it, they are two brothers who love each other.


What a lot of people don’t know is that Caleb and Riley’s book was never intended to be book 2. I did put a little sneak peek at the end of book 1 about these mates, however that sneak peek was set a year after book 1. So I figured I’d tease everyone one a bit, let them know what was planned for the future…and then make everyone wait. Didn’t quite work out. Lol
That’s karma right there ;-)

But that’s okay, because I found that I really liked writing about sexy Vampires and their blood sucking ways. So much so that I am now in the process of planning out a spin-off series full of them. That’s right, Jonas and his men are getting their own HEA in the form of a series currently titled Vaucluse Coven. And I can’t wait for you all to see who Jonas’ mate will be. *snickers* I know, I’m teasing and you’d thought I’d learned my lesson, didn’t you?


After receiving a fair amount of emails, and even Facebook request, I realized people

weren’t prepared to wait. So instead of teasing everyone and releasing Dmitir’s story next, I had to scramble to tweak and finish these boys.

That’s karma right there ;-)

But that’s okay, because I found that I really liked writing about sexy Vampires and their blood sucking ways. So much so that I am now in the process of planning out a spin-off series full of them. That’s right, Jonas and his men are getting their own HEA in the form of a series currently titled Vaucluse Coven. And I can’t wait for you all to see who Jonas’ mate will be. *snickers* I know, I’m teasing and you’d thought I’d learned my lesson, didn’t you?

So make sure to check out Hunter Clan 2 ~ Riley’s Vampire Prince.




Blurb ~
Riley McLeod has never gotten over the loss of his family to murderous Vampires, and often hides behind his sarcasm and carefree attitude. So imagine his shock when he discovers he is not only mated to one, but his mate is the Prince of the Vaucluse Coven.
When Caleb Vaucluse arrived at the Hunter Clan, he never expected to meet his mate. His joy soon turns to devastation when he learns that Riley fears him. Caleb struggles to get past Riley’s defenses and prove that they are meant to be. Unfortunately just as they come together, pride and old wounds prove hard to overcome for the pair, and threaten to tear them apart for good.
As an enemy is revealed and more questions are raised, Caleb and Riley have a choice to make. Do they keep their pride and stand alone, or stand together and embrace the love fate gave to them?

Snippet ~
“Oooh, looks like someone finally got lucky,” Morgan taunted.
“Shut up,” Riley threw back, with no real heat. “It’s none of your business.”
      “Now, now...no need to be like that. This is a time for celebration,” Jordan chuckled. 
“Everyone needs to know that you finally pulled your head out of your arse.”
“Yeah, we need to let everyone know that you are well and truly whipped, now,” Morgan smirked.
“Jeez, don’t tell me you facebrag?” Riley shook his head in disgust.
Jordan blinked up at him. “Face-what?”
“I don’t know about you, man, but that sound kinda suss,” Morgan drawled. “What exactly are you into, little dude?”
“Ah huh. I’m with you there, brother. Doesn't quite sound legal,” Jordan nodded.
Morgan lent back in his chair, tapping a finger on his chin thoughtfully. “I think it depends on where you’re from.”
Riley face palmed himself. These two were probably his best friend beside Alexis, but sometimes they really hurt his head. “Argh. You guys are so lame. Facebrag is where you brag on Facebook.”
“Oh, no I don’t Facebook,” Morgan said, screwing up his face like he had tasted something sour.


“No, only those too busy running around like little girls with their panties in a bunch would still be limited to that form of media,” Jordan grinned.
Morgan emphatically nodded his head in agreement.
Well, at least that’s something.
“Yeah, we Tweet,” Morgan smirked, flipping Riley the bird.
Cripes, and people said he was bad.


Jess Buffett



No comments:

Post a Comment