SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Friday, October 4, 2013

What if you met the love of your life...and they were already dead?


This story fell together for me one question at a time. Why would a live person be in the graveyard at night? What would he do if he met a ghost? Would that ghost want anything from the living? How is it that Hollywood heroes come up with a plan during a musical montage? How do you fix the problem of death... in order to get your happily ever after? 

Readers find the answers to these questions and more, in Blood Cries Up.



Since the death of his sister, Dariel's been haunting her grave. Then he meets Zach. It's love at first sight -- unfortunately Zach is a ghost. An accidental possession results in Zach moving into Dariel's body, but before they can fully figure that out, they learn that there's more to Zach's death that the suicide it had seemed -- much more. With the help of the cemetery cat, Dariel and Zach will have to confront the diabolic Isaac Caine and return Zach's soul to its proper resting place.

Excerpt:
I never saw my sister's ghost. But somehow, that didn't keep me from coming back. Not every night, not even every week, but when I was missing her, or hating my life and feeling guilty that I hated my life when she didn't have one, and would never have one, I found myself cross-legged and weary, fingers tracing cool marble. My mom had already complained about the grass stains on my jeans, so I'd taken to bringing a towel with me. And doing more laundry. Which had the added benefit of confusing my mom, since she eyeballed me even more suspiciously when she caught me loading the towels and my shirts into the dryer.
"So," a voice said off to my left and slightly above, "you come here often?"

Available at Amazon

Available at Torquere Press

No comments:

Post a Comment