SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hump day with Dreamspinners Press's CR Guiano!



I have always been fascinated by the paranormal. I had an Ouija board as a child, I watched any ghost movie I could find, and demon movies in my teens. After all, how do we mere humans know for a fact whether these things exist? We don’t. So delving into the imagination filled with such creatures is a great adventure.
As I’ve gotten older, there is one movie that always stuck with me, and I have found I can’t find it on Netflix, or on DVD/Blueray, though I have found parts of it on YouTube. 

It’s called the Child of Glass. A Disney movie, it’s about a little Creole girl who was murdered and cursed by her uncle. She is lost in the darkness of the other world, condemned to wander with the lost souls and restless spirits. She enlists the help of a young boy to solve a riddle so that she may join her parents in the afterlife.
Sleeping lies the murdered lass
Vainly cries the Child of Glass
When the two shall be as one
The spirit’s journey will be done
I first watched the movie when I was 14, and have been searching for it ever since. I finally found a copy at Amazon. I do believe in ghosts, and am convinced they are among us. Whether they are here for mischief or some other benevolent reason, I do not know.
Trying to write a ghost story is not as easy it sounds. I have two works-in-progress that are m/m ghost stories. One about an archeologist that falls for the spirit of a young man whose bones he unearths, only to come face to face with the man’s descendent in real life. The other is about a murdered German spy, whose lover is a British Inspector set during World War II. The spirit has to find a way to contact the living world so that he may save his beloved, and the British Royal family from Hitler’s evil plan.
I find it so much easier to write about other paranormal beings, shifter’s being my favorite. I have many angel works-in-progress, a demon one and Fae/Fairy ones. I suppose the reason I love writing the paranormal, is because I can let my imagination run wild. Anything is possible. The characters can be powerful, defy all logical science, and be steeped in mystery and intrigue. They can have magic, or be able to do things that no ordinary human can do. Because they are not human. I love that aspect of it. To create a world, and the characters that inhabit it, or to create characters that inhabit our world, and how they struggle to hide, or fit in, or just survive.


I tend to gravitate towards that genre when reading too. I’ve read many, many books about ghosts, demons, fairies, Fae, and a hobgoblin or two. And if it’s m/m, all the better! Though I don’t limit myself to that. Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter is a prime example. I love the demon possessed men, and how they struggle to survive from the human hunters, and the loves they find along the way. I mean, where else would you find a demon possessed man linked to a Harpy, or an Angel?
That’s the kind of writing I aspire to. To take my characters, and make them so much more. And to lead the reader on a journey that captures them, and stays with them long after they have read The End.


CR Guiliano is an avid reader, which logically morphed into the love of writing. She writes in many genres, but is most happy writing the love between two men (or more!). She makes them work hard for their HEA and considers herself an expert in angst. CR finds her favorite form of writing is in serials, where she can continue to write about characters who have captured her heart and she hopes to have captured her readers' as well.

You will usually find CR cuddled up to her laptop creating stories to entertain, inspire, and bring your emotions to the surface. CR has a huge warren of plot bunnies that is growing every day, and can’t wait to fill out each story idea and share them all with her readers.

CR was proudly nominated in the Goodreads Best Anthology Nominations and was thrilled to be included with the many talented writers from the same anthology.

CR is a committed advocate for the GLBTQ community and does her best to change society’s attitudes, one mind at a time. You can learn more about CR Guiliano and her stories at the following locations, and feel free to drop her line as she loves to hear from anyone interested in her or her writings:
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CR-Guiliano-Author/243814592322136?ref=hl
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crguiliano
Author blog: http://crguiliano-author.blogspot.com/
Works-in-progress blog: http://guilianowip.blogspot.com/
Website: http://crguiliano.wordpress.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pernwish
E-mail: pernwish@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment