SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hump day with Dreamspinner Press': C. C. Dado

Hello Everyone, 
C.C. Dado here to talk about my book Meet-Cute. First off, I think I should give a little back story about myself, so you understand why 'Meet-Cute' isn't exactly your average meet cute story, where two individuals lock eyes in some serendipitous way, destined-to-fall-in-love-and-
be-together-forever. That never happens in real life, or maybe just not to me. The last time I locked eyes with a man was in the work cafeteria as I was getting ketchup out of one of those industrial pumps and he walked up next to me to get mustard, pushed the pump down, the front broke off sideways and shot mustard all over the side of my face. Ending with him awkwardly wiping my face with way to many napkins, while he apologized profusely. That's my life's version of a meet-cute.
So, I write about painfully awkward, usually embarrassing, romance.

As a new author this has all been an incredible learning experience for me. I want to give a big thanks to all the folks/blogs that have taken the time to review meet-cute, their feedback is helping me become a better writer.


Here is an excerpt from Meet-Cute. Elliot's first trip to the gym with Chase:

His body was a work of art, the kind you only saw in magazines. I wanted to pray at the altar of his hotness.
Oh here it comes again, the downward-facing dog to the chaturanga pose. Oh. My. God. I’m going to replay this in my head like a dirty movie later. I will make it my life’s mission to find out who invented yoga and thank that fucking pervert for the gift he has bestowed upon me.
“Okay, keep it going. Let’s reach for the sky and hold the pose. Hold the pose,” the annoyingly chipper yoga instructor said as she walked over in my direction. “I bet if you dig down real deep you could pull off a few more poses today,” she said with a saccharin-sweet smile.
She was lucky I was morally opposed to punching a woman in the face.
Chase looked over at me and smiled, so I stood up and tried—against my better judgment—to continue.
I made it another three minutes.
There was so much unhygienic shit going on in this room right now. Everybody’s hot breath filled up the room and just puddles and puddles of sweat everywhere—and not like Chase’s super-hot, glistening, dripping-off-his-rock-hard-
body sweat either. This was like fat, old-people sweat mixed with misery, and a bunch of moms in the corner who looked like they just gave birth. Ewwww. By the time the class was over, I was drenched from head to toe, lying in a puddle of my own, and pretty confident any chance of Chase ever being attracted to me was long gone. But when I looked over at him, he was smiling at me like he thought I was adorable.
I guess my first trip to the gym wasn’t too bad after all.


Meet-cute buy links:
http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Meet-cute&osCsid=hsqc6lg6up32e4sqrpci1b3oq5&x=55&y=7

Meet-cute:Amazon:Kindle Store

No comments:

Post a Comment