SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hump Day with Dreamspinner Press': CM Jackson



Hello all, I’m one half of the duo that makes up the author “C.M. Jackson” and I’m here to tell you all about just what I love about October, horror, and all the other good fun stuff that comes with this amazing month.

I live in Canada, so one of the best parts of October is the changing of the season, the fact I can witness the leaves turning, the crisp, cold smell of fall (Fall has a smell, I can assure you), the wonderful richness of the food that comes at this time of year, the warmth of cozy sweaters and the comfort of rainy days spent reading (or writing) a good book. 

Most of all, though, I love Halloween!  I’ve always loved Halloween, ever since I was a young child.  I loved dressing up, going out and getting candy.  The one downside of hailing from the Great White North and Halloween is that most of my childhood was spent having to figure out how to wrestle costumes over my snowsuit since oftentimes it would snow while we were trick-or-treating.  Now that I’m older doesn’t mean that I don’t dress up, not at all, I’ll show up to my cubicles dressed up all the same.  Even if I’m the only one to do it!  Nowadays my nights are spent with friends watching scary movies, or nostalgic childhood classics, sometimes giving out candy to children who come through my apartment halls (downside of apartment living, sigh). 

October just seems to have a kind of magic to me.  Something no other time of year seems to have; I just love it so much.  I love the interest and creativity it sparks in people – be it spooky or friendly, romantic or platonic, there’s just an atmosphere.  I actually think we started plotting out our novel during October, when I think about it… Interesting!

What is it about October you love the most?


Matters of Courtship
Crown Prince of the United Kingdom of America, William Samuel Davis, has recently been outed by the press. Worse yet, he's been thrown into an arranged marriage with one of the stuffiest people he knows—one Lucas O'Malley-Hamilton. It's a match made in hell, and William fully intends to make everyone see the error of their ways and send Lucas back home on the first available flight.

But things quickly get more complicated than William had thought possible as the Anti-Monarchy crowd uses his outing against him. As he is forced to face the realities of his position, he finds himself drawn to sides of Lucas he hadn't known existed. Tensions rise throughout the country and in William's world. While the situation absolutely refuses to improve, it can and will get worse.

Our book, our dream, is now available on Dreamspinner Press’ web-store. It can also be found on Amazon  and on Barnes and Noble.  It is available as an ebook as well as a paperback.

C.M Jackson is the pseudonym of two twenty-something women who fancy themselves writers. One of them is from North Carolina and the other hails from a mystical place known as Canada. The two collectively write together often, though Matters of Courtship is their entry into the published world. Friends for upward of five years, having met online through blog posts about TV shows, movies, and writing.
Their name comes from a variety of places of love, honor and all-around geekiness—from a small honor to J.K. Rowling, favorite characters, and to their online aliases.

When the two aren't planning their next big idea, they're going to school, playing with their pets, or excitedly yelling at each other about the next big sci-fi, fantasy, or comic book release. Sometimes all of them at once. 

You can find C.M. Jackson at Twitter as @AuthorCMJackson, on Goodreads as C.M. Jackson, and on their newly made tumblr as http://author-cm-jackson.tumblr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment