SLAVE is now a full time reviewer for Guys Like Romance, Too!

Please note that SLAVE's Erotic Review is on hiatus to catch up on reviews.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Love and commitment is perfect for Valentine's Day



When I saw that Guys Like Romance Too was looking to promote Valentine’s or BDSM stories in February, I got very excited, because I just happen to have a story that is both!

Sometimes prompts go off in very unexpected directions. I’m not sure how I got from “Valentine’s Day” to “Nantaimori”…but I did. And Night Out is the story to prove it.

Nantaimori, for those of you who don’t know, is a Japanese word that refers to “serving sushi on the body of an attractive young man, mostly in homosexual bars”. (When done with a naked woman, it’s called Nyotaimori).

Both Nan- and Nyotaimori can be done with or without bondage. Personally, I think it’s more fun with bondage, and yes, I am speaking from experience. I love bondage all on its own, but combined with Nantaimori it’s sensational. It’s quite visually pleasing—the lines of the rope across the bound person’s body, the carefully arranged pieces of sushi forming patterns on bare skin. At first the sushi is a little cold, but it warms up quickly! If you’re feeling especially adventurous, you can try adding wasabi or pickled ginger for an extra tingle.

In Night Out, Jason and Liam are fairly new to BDSM, and are still exploring how far they’re interested—or willing—to go. They’re looking to add something to their sex life, rather than immerse themselves in the kinky lifestyle. Not that their sex life needs improvement, because these two can hardly keep their hands to themselves! The kink in Night Out is mild and pretty much restricted to bondage, so if hardcore BDSM is a turnoff for you, but you like your stories a little bit kinky, this one’s for you.

I’ve been interested in BDSM for a number of years, and it’s part of my sexuality and everyday life. While I enjoy writing (and reading) heavy BDSM scenes, I understand that not everyone is as interested in intense bondage or S/M scenes as I am. Spreading BDSM awareness is very important to me, and I want to be able to reach readers at all levels of experience and interest. If I can broaden someone’s horizons even a little, and make them think, “That sounds like fun, I’d like to give that a try!” then I consider myself successful as a BDSM author.

I also want people to come away from what I’ve written and be able to play safely. BDSM is a lot of fun and very exciting, but it can also be dangerous. It’s important to me that my stories, while fiction, stress the importance of safety while exploring kink. My characters always have safewords, and they negotiate what they’re going to be doing ahead of time so there aren’t any surprises for anyone involved.

Side note: even though I’ve been in a committed relationship for over seven years, and married for five of those, Night Out is the first story I’d published where the characters were already in a relationship and hadn’t met over the course of the story. I’m not really sure what that’s about.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone, and I hope you all find lots of new stories to read and share!



Blurb: 
Liam comes home from work to find only one conversation heart left in the candy bowl. His lover, Jason, produces the other candies and tells him that the heart left in the bowl is a clue. It says, “Bite Me”. The only other clue is that theyre going out for dinner. Normally Jason is terrible at keeping secrets, and he almost always cooks for them. Liam has no idea what Jason has planned.

Story also appears in the Conversation Hearts Anthology.

Tsu https://www.tsu.co/T_Strange
Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3334999.T_Strange
Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/tqstrange/
Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TStrange/posts

No comments:

Post a Comment